When it comes to growing your business and importing/exporting your products, the debate is about which form of transportation is best. Amongst the various factors to consider, the primary may be determined by the geographical location of the countries to which you’re exporting, but yet it’s always important to consider the most cost-effective mode of transportation for your business. Each of these modes of transportation has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, which help you decide which mode of transportation is best for you.
Choosing the main means of transportation is a crucial decision that affects issues including delivery speed, shipping costs, delay/damage risk, and environmental considerations. Let’s understand more below,
Modes of Transportation
1. Sea Transportation
2. Road Transportation
3. Air Transportation
Sea freight, often known as ocean freight, is the movement of goods across the ocean by cargo/container ships. Sea freight accounts for over 90% of all transported commodities, with 70% of it being shipped as containerized goods, making it one of the most cost-effective routes of freight transportation. Large volumes of heavy cargo, such as grains, animal feed, fertilizers, salts, and lumber, as well as out-of-gauge equipment and objects requiring particular handling, can be transported by specialist vessels.
1. This is the most cost-effective way of freight transportation, which is usually calculated per container.
2. It is possible to move vast volumes of freight, including large and heavy things.
3. An environmentally beneficial means of transport compared to other means.
4. Normally, goods are delivered with a very high success rate.
1. Longer transit times.
2. Possible delays at the port.
Today, this is the quickest and most common means of transportation. Mega Freight, based in Mumbai, Pune, and Panvel, provides the most premium and professional road transportation for your shifting and relocation needs.
1. It is very cost-effective and inexpensive, especially across short distances.
2. Products can transit easily across numerous countries.
3. You can obtain complete door-to-door service.
1. Limited capacity for shipping due to size of the vehicle.
2. Delay and unforeseen factors like bad weather conditions, traffic, etc to deal with.
Air freight uses both passenger and cargo planes to transport goods quickly throughout the world. Air transport of goods intended for fast-paced commodities markets is common, as it is a particularly time-efficient means of freight shipment and is ideal for freight with tight deadlines.
1. Speed and reliability
2. Multiple locations served
3. Convenient tracking
1. The inability to transport large or heavy freight on a regular basis due to a lack of capacity.
2. Some cargo, including numerous hazardous products, cannot be transported.
There are multiple modes of transport available to ship your big or small packages. With different timelines, cost efficiency and convenience, you must choose your mode wisely by weighing the pros and cons of each. Mega freight will be your ideal reach in Mumbai, Pune or Panvel for any shipping requirement you have. With an expert team and seamless integration of possibilities and technology, your packages can ship anywhere, anytime and anyhow and all at an affordable rate.
To know more about our services visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn for exciting tips and updates.